Table of Contents
- What You’ll Need
- How to Clean a Mechanical Keyboard
Mechanical keyboards are a great way to stay productive and comfortable while typing. However, over time they can become dirty and cluttered. In this article, we’ll show you how to clean a mechanical keyboard and keep it in good working order.
What You’ll Need
To clean a mechanical keyboard, you’ll need:
-A can of compressed air
-A cloth or paper towels
-A microfiber cloth
-An applicator brush
-A light bulb or a drill
The steps for cleaning a mechanical keyboard are as follows:
1. Open the can of compressed air and turn on the vent. Point the stream of air at the keyboard and wait until the pressure gauge shows that the air is at its desired level. Be careful not to hit any keys while the compressor is running!
2. Wipe down the entire keyboard with a cloth or paper towel. Make sure to get into all of the nooks and crannies.
3. In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol and 2 tablespoons of water. Soak a microfiber cloth in the combination and also wring it out well. Rub the entire keyboard surface with the cloth, making sure to get into all of the crevices.
4. If there are any dirt or dried liquids still on the surface, apply more rubbing alcohol to the cloth and scrub again. Follow up
How to Clean a Mechanical Keyboard
IF YOUR KEYBOARD IS GETTING A BIT GRUBBY, THERE ARE A FEW QUICK AND EASY WAYS TO CLEAN IT UP. ALL YOU NEED IS SOME COSY WATER AND A LITTLE SOAP. BE SURE TO TAKE YOUR TIME CLEANING ALL THE NOOKS AND CRANNIES, AS DIRT CAN ACCUMULATE QUICKLY ON A KEYBOARD.
Tips for Cleaning a Mechanical Keyboard
There are several ways to clean a mechanical keyboard, but the easiest way is to use water and a cleaning cloth.
1. Damp the cloth and wring it out.
2. Locate the keys that need cleaning and dampen the cloth with water. Swipe the cloth across the key surface and then let it dry. Repeat this step for all of the keys on the keyboard.
3. If necessary, completely clean the key surfaces using a cleaner specifically made for keyboards.
If you’re like most people, your keyboard is one of the most-used pieces of technology in your home. But despite their popularity, keyboards can be a dirty mess. In this guide, we’ll show you how to clean a mechanical keyboard properly so it stays in good condition and works smoothly. Let’s get started!