Linksys extender reset is the ultimate solution to fix many technical issues related to Linksys wireless extenders. However, many users experience issues while resetting the networking device. This is because they do not go through the correct steps. Did you also try to reset or restore your wireless extender but failed? No issues as we can help you out. In this article, we have talked about two ways through which you can execute the Linksys WiFi extender reset process in a hassle-free manner.
How to Do Linksys Extender Reset via Reset Button?
The basis necessity in this method is that your Linksys wireless range extender should be receiving an adequate and uninterrupted power supply from its wall socket. Once assured, you may keep reading and learn about how you can reset your Linksys extender with the help of the button named reset:
- Find the location of the reset button on the wireless range extender.
- This will depend on the model which is being used by you.
- Once you have located the button, press it and wait for about 8 seconds.
- Soon your networking device will reboot.
Let the device reboot properly. Do not interrupt the process by turning it off or unplugging it from its electrical outlet. Otherwise, the reset process will fail and if that happens, then you can forget about troubleshooting whatever technical issue you were facing with your wireless range extender.
How to Do Web-Based Linksys WiFi Extender Reset?
Many users find executing the reset process using the hard reset method very hard. In case you too are amongst them, then let us remind you that there is one more method through which the reset process can be taken forward. Read the instructions given below and learn how you can do web-based reset:
- Get access to your favorite internet browser on your client device.
- Make your way to the URL bar and enter the web address.
- You can also use the IP address of your Linksys wireless range extender.
- Press the enter key and wait for the web-based setup page to appear.
- But, before this page appears, you need to enter the login credentials.
- On the main dashboard, select Administration > Factory Defaults.
- Click the Restore Factory Defaults button.
- In order to finish the process, unplug the range extender from the socket.
- Let it rest for about 30 seconds.
- Once done, plug the device back into its wall socket.
For your information, if you have created a configuration backup before resetting the Linksys range extender using the Linksys extender login details, it is highly suggested that you click the Restore Configurations button under the Management sub-tab, select the Save Settings button.
Done Resetting Linksys WiFi Extender?
As soon as you have reset your networking device, set it up from scratch. There are two methods through which this is possible: WPS and manual method. As compared to the WPS method, the other method is a bit difficult to execute.
This is the reason; we have explained the setup process using the WPS button in this section. Taking this into consideration, continue reading:
- Find the WPS button on the Linksys extender.
- You need to find the same button on the host router.
- When the button has been located, press it on both devices.
- Do so using your bare fingers.
- Once the LED light changes status, relocate the wireless extender.
It is recommended that you do not place the Linksys wireless range extender near electronic devices, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and transmitting appliances. Some examples include:
Electronic devices: Cordlessphones, baby monitors, treadmills, televisions
Transmitting appliances: Washing machines, microwave ovens, refrigerators
Metal objects: Aluminum studs
Reflexive surfaces: Glasses, mirrors, fish tanks
Along with this, do not keep the range extender in corners or near walls. The reason being, all these examples are not good for the signal transmission of your device as they can interfere with it.
We are concluding the guide written on the methods through which you can execute the Linksys extender reset process. Whether you used the hard reset or soft reset method, we are hoping that after restoring the wireless range extender to the default factory settings, you were able to troubleshoot whatever technical issues you have been facing with your device.
By any chance, if you are still not able to, then it could be because a faulty extender is in use. In this case, you should get it replaced with a new one without wasting any more time than you already have.